Sunday Sulzer…

Sunday, traditionally a day of rest, perhaps reflection. Even on the railway of my childhood Sunday meant finding more on depot, more in stabling sidings, more to see, to witness, to enjoy…

Bachmann 24035 weathered and sat on an incomplete commission build layout.

The 24s were long gone by my train spotting youth - I was a child of the 80s and spotting at the start of the 90s. 31s, 37s and 47s with occasional deluxe sightings of 20s or 56s… or if at Crewe and endless procession of 86, 87 and 90s. On those occasional Sunday visits where I would ask my Dad to take me we’d see lines of stabled engines waiting for Monday morning.

And so in life, our working week traditionally falls Monday to Friday, even myself, self employed, follow the same pattern. Whilst Saturday may be filled with chores, I relish Sunday morning with the dog on the sofa. The house is quiet, I can dig into a good book or quietly contemplate things with a wonderful view out the picture window. Resting. Refuelled. Waiting for Monday morning.




Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee.



Comments

  1. Morning James. 24's and 25's were long gone by the time I was spotting too. I saw a blue 20 (withdrawn, I later found out) on my only trip through Crewe in the late 80's. I remember seeing a few 31's for the first time at Willesden depot, tremendously exciting at the time! Lovely weathering on the 24, have a relaxing Sunday. P.S. I'm just putting in my order with Titfield thunderbolt bookshop for your new book!. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom, thanks, I’ll do a proper 24 post next week with full colour ‘studio’ shots, they’re difficult to work on, blue is quite a dark colour to show subtle effects over, but I’m pleased with her. Thank you for ordering the new book, I hope you enjoy it, I have heard from other regulars that they have been!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.