New arrival…

An old but new to me Farish 150/2 and bringing with it memories of my late teens and early twenties. Regional Railways were the needle that stitched my university and home life together…


My deep affection for the prototype surely stems from these formative memories - not of time spent with a loved one riding together to new destinations, but of a time of transition, of freedom and responsibility. 
Of growing up, moving on and leaving home. 
These trains, these units were the music on the radio. 
Their sights sounds and smells the comforting familiarity when all around felt new, exciting and slightly overwhelming.


So that even today they have the same impact. I saw their introduction through the pages of the magazines and books I consumed, the bright new liveries exciting to the young person I was at primary school. Early journeys with my Dad introduced us first hand, and as I went from trips together to adventures apart they kept carrying me forwards. Today, even after all this time they survive to take my children and I to new places, to become their familiar friends - albeit perhaps fleeting.

So the 150/2 lives and loves on in miniature.
N gauge is the perfect scale to balance detail and character, Wrecsam Canolog can be anywhere and everywhere to me in the passing moments I enjoy running the model. I love model railways.

Until next time, more soon…


Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee.

Comments