Fancy another beer: lighting success…

This isn’t a finished commission, yet yesterday, when I successfully wired up the lighting I was so excited I shared the results with my good friend Chris, whom was so excited I felt I just had to share the results here…  

 

This is ‘Fancy A(nother) Beer’ but realised not in HO or O, but N. Yes, N scale, on a Mosslanda shelf. 

The scene is mixed between inside and outside, as if you take a look at that original design (link above) then you’ll be able to watch a video of the full size 3040 squeezing through the brewery to reach the yard beyond. This was going to be a challenge in any scale but N perhaps more so? Or perhaps not?

I have used my usual LED lighting tape for both - but wired a 1k resistor in the section for inside, dropping the brightness of these right down, giving the feel of ceiling mounted lighting - but also, meaning that despite room lighting, you get the effect where the outside throws light into the inside. Peering into this scene I’m so excited to get some colour on things, the feel will change substantially once the Road surface is painted, but still, this model shows once again the opportunity for both real personality and real modelling in the smaller scale. Until next time, more soon…



Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee.

Comments

  1. Yes, that lighting effect is remarkable. The whole layout is coming together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s what I wanted but wasn’t sure how to achieve, but it worked out well in short order really!

      Delete
    2. The lighting would work well for the murkier depths of New St

      Delete
  2. Hi James

    That is really impressive -reminds me of the loading bank at the Courage Brewery I used to walk through to see the Head Brewer except unfortunately there were no rail tracks there. I also had to do a double take and remember this is N-gauge. The GP40 appears to be just like the H0 version you sold to me with no appreciable differences!!

    Best regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. This one has sound too and just looks and sounds fantastic! Whilst I still have a 645 turbo (my SDL39) I do miss the GP40s that I sold one - especially the Guilford one actually.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.