Retro result…

I’ve been enjoying reading some old second hand Ian Allan photo books from the late 80s. The trade craft of photographers like Tom Heavyside and Brian Morrison is timeless...

Pentrefelin, Friday 20th September 2024.

Inspired I set my phone to black and white, determined to not edit or crop today’s composition. Even better, it’s a Railfreight 31 right out of the same era as the books…

Whilst today’s digital photography might lack some of the romance of the old analog days it’s amazing to be able to share moments later with you all!

My album of photos from the Llangollen this year can be found here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBjigM


Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry for the brief post today, it’s been a slow weekend!
      Thanks, I’m pleased with the photo.

      Delete
  2. There's nothing in the picture from 2024, it could be the late 80's and a construction 31 has been borrowed for a nuclear flask train in deepest Wales. This is diesel traction preservation at it's finest James. Sometimes a picture is all that's needed. Great stuff. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.