On Video: Quiet Shunting…

Yesterday I shared my blue 08 had just received a new cab window - well in celebration I then filmed this short video, a 'quiet shunt' on Paxton Road...


Perhaps the perfect way to start your Sunday, sit down with a coffee and enjoy this calm, quiet relaxed and un-narrated shunt on the layout. The older Farish mechanism is smooth, but on my 'reduced output' Gaugemaster W doesn't start quite as smoothly as the new cordless motored examples (although works beautifully with a full 12V dc variable supply). Until next time, more soon...



Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee.

Comments

  1. Just sat down with a coffee and the cat on my knee to watch the shunt. Most enjoyable James. I have two Farish 08's, an RFD grey one from the first production run and a later BR blue one. Both need warming up a bit before running smoothly. I tend to get a bit frustrated with them as they are a bit juddery to start with. I tend to rely on my bigger diesels for reliable shunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, giving them a good whizz improves their performance for certain!

      Delete
  2. I meant to say that I used a Kato uni track controller to run my trains, it's mock power handle control is very satisfying to use.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.