Down on Beaverbrook: Post 5606…

The only thing certain in life is change…


The Replacement - SDL39 '582' on Beaverbrook HO scale shelf layout
https://youtu.be/7YiiVD7JeCU


It seems only yesterday that HMLX 5606 left Beaverbrook for a new operation in the Maritimes (see the latest Hilton Mears video) but in recent weeks that feeling of sadness at the loss of 'our' GP9 has been tempered by the excitement of getting to know the new 582, an ex Wisconsin Central, ex TerraTransport SDL39...


Of course - all a work of fiction, the model is a Scaletrains example, the PEIR back story is elsewhere on the blog and all of this was filmed in my workshop on Beaverbook.


This long form video actually only documents around half an operating session - there is a nearly ‘full fat’ version on the YouTube channel, filmed with another odd ball, the BC Rail CRS20. In the meantime, grab a coffee and settle in for just over 15 minutes of me waffling on, the 645 turbo prime mover sounding wonderful and some railfan style videography around the layout. Until next time, more soon…


Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee.

Comments

  1. Hi James

    Looked at the video last night and really enjoyed it. It felt like one was there at trackside watching the switching action. Although a different prime mover I could recall being trackside and watching and hearing two of Simpson’s SW1200 switching the dry sort yard as I viewed the SDL39 going about its work.

    I do like those SDL39 but can’t find a reason for one. I have bent model reality enough to justify a GP40, SD38, RS-1 or CF7 so far!!

    Only one aspect of the video I felt you could look at was that the view down the track from the Cement and Co-op spurs towards the, I guess, interchange in real life. This showed the end of track as going nowhere. I realise this view would be blocked for normal operations but perhaps a “low relief" freight car or a photo/painted back drop could be considered when , as I hope, you do another visit “down on Beaverbrook”

    Best regards
    Alan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.