Commission: Reviving a G scale model…

This has been a fun project, my customer built this G scale ‘logging’ locomotive many years ago and enjoyed it immensely until the battery radio sound system failed from whence it sat on a shelf…
Today it’s running again. It featured the RCS control from Brandbright and a Dallee sound system but despite my best efforts I couldn’t get any life out of those components. A reworking with Deltang based radio from Andy at Micron with a Mtronics sound card have been wired in and made to fit with the same footprint.
The model was built from a USA trains ‘Critter’ (EMD NW2 compressed to fit on a single truck), below as built by my customer. This is a wonderful model that I’m so pleased to have brought back to life!
In addition the original 12v lamps have been switched out for LEDs that provide constant brightness directional lighting. As well as these photos I’ve made a short video of the model in the garden. 

If you have an old locomotive or rolling stock that is past it’s best and needs new life breathing into it get in touch for a personal proposal. Until next time more soon…

Comments