Ruston LB in 7/8ths: Chassis design…

As workshop is emptying of larger commissions it’s freeing my headspace to step on with the Ruston LB project…
I’m planning on building a batch of these this year and am upping the design quality by trying to mimic the prototype as much as possible. This will mean the 45mm gauge will have the drive inboard whereas the 32mm will feature extended frames (as per the prototype) to make space for drive outs board of the wheels. 

I’ve noticed whilst sketching out this arrangement an error in the gearbox design, and I need to optimise the axle box print now I know how I’m mourning the wheels. Next up is sourcing some 3mm bushes and roller bearings.

If you’d like to reserve a model in this years batch get in touch. There is a £130 deposit, the remaining £1200 will be split over four payments throughout the build. The specification includes battery radio control and handset, with detail and prototype specification up to you; 32 or 45mm gauge, surface or underground, exhaust conditioner etc. Until next time, more soon…

Comments