Switching Visser at Kinross…

No Friday update this week as I’m on holiday, so another chance to look at Kinross. The recently completed CN van has really finished off the micro layout and allowed me to recreate the scenes I’ve poured over in Bill Linley’s ‘Trackside Maritimes’ book…
Pictured here with a short train behind number 35, in my minds eye it gives the impression of a summers day on Prince Edward Island. I asked a friend who has spent time there does it look right and he made some generally positive comments, so I’m happy I’ve captured something of the essence of railroading on the island.
The van has been weathered now, and the subtle pre-shading of the body before I applied the red/orange is quite effective. The faint dusting of dirt along the lower edge is copied from photos, and a careful wash of the end panels has picked out the detail.
Here is the layout in all of its scenic picture. It might be small but it packs a fair amount in and I love to look at it whenever the chance to run the 70t up and down takes my fancy, or by firing the flying fiddle yards having a more involved session. Until next time, more soon…

Comments