Commission: Ruston 165DE in OO...

I've recently completed this Planet Industrials Ruston 165DE kit for a customer, in OO gauge...
This kit is from the first batch, and I'm hoping to revise a few small details for new batches to include feedback from modellers on assembly, adjusting the position of the rear chassis mounting screw, the height of the NEM front pocket and cutting out slots for 3 links in the print. However, despite these small 'frustrations' the model still goes together well and I enjoyed transforming this Hornby Peckett into something quite different!
My customer wanted something fairly plain and workman like, but livened up with some wasp striping - so I suggested a wasp striped buffer beam and picking out the buffer shanks and coupling rods in red. The body is a deep dark green, the roof BR coach roof grey, and the whole thing has been finished with a light weathering. I've squeezed weight into the bonnet, and cab floor, and it's now as heavy as the original Hornby model, so hopefully will run as well as she looks on my customers industrial sidings.
In the meantime, if you've got a kit you'd like me to build, whether its one I've designed or something different, get in touch or personal proposal. Until next time, more soon...

Comments