For Sale: Brief Encounter…

Bought on a whim last week this wonderful Graham Farish N gauge model is already on eBay


The 150/2 is my favourite type of Sprinter but thoughts of a small N gauge micro cameo have dissolved now I’m home and fully immersed in the challenge of Gerald Road and Beaverbrook again. Priced to sell at £150 including UK delivery I can offer blog readers a 5% discount if anyone is keen to take this model on and give it the home it deserves. 

It’s been moderately used by a previous owner and runs quietly and smoothly in both directions - otherwise in great condition. I’ve removed the front couplings but everything is included in the pristine box. Original receipt included (previous owner bought in May IIRC) so original guarantee is valid.

On reflection the models I buy and move on quickly are for these fleeting side projects. I get excited by a prototype and when away from home drawn into the possibilities and trawl eBay for suitable models as that is a quick fix. I can’t be the only one with buyers remorse, but I see this as a positive reflection of the possibility thinking and creativity of my hobby, our hobby.



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.



Comments

  1. You're not the only one so afflicted. I too, get caught up in the enthusiasm of an idea/layout concept. I have some Bachmann 0n30, Some US outline O scale as well as some Slaters wagon kits and a Minerva Maning Wardle sitting around waiting for the enthusiasm for the original projects to return. I'm dreading visiting the Ffestiniog Railway in September, for I'm pretty sure that I will get caught up in a whirlwind of inspiration. Revisiting all my childhood memories from The Ffestiniog, Llechwedd, Gloddfa Ganol, Llanberis et al; and probably coming away with a Prince and some bug boxes, to create some quiet corner of North Wales in model form. I love that I have the ability (and clearly you have it too) to take memories and snatches of inspiration, and run with them to create slices of reality in model form. I wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly Ian, I had a change of heart and have decided to keep them for now. I can fully understand and appreciate the desire for Ffestiniog 009, I keep resisting myself but I suspect it’s only a matter of time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.