Mosslanda: Wrecsam we have light…

My most recent of cameo layouts is also the smallest - Wrecsam Canolog (or Wrexham Central) is just 55cm long and mounted upon an IKEA Mosslanda shelf...


The project has been introduced previously. Construction has been, as you'd imagine, swift. The latest progress is the addition of wiring and lighting allowing a train to be run - an important milestone that can help encourage further progress.


This is about as simple as things get - a 2.1mm socket for my 12v DC supply along with a 5 pin DIN plug socket to connect the controller. Mind, the track plan is as simple as you can get too, just a single track. I will add a fiddle stick to allow the train to exit the scene - and describe this in a future post.

 

The box has now been painted in my usual 'slate grey' which is a neat finish, important when displaying a layout in the home. The LED lighting strip works well here, providing good illumination of the Farish 150 Sprinter in the platform without too much shadow hiding the under frame. This project I hope will illustrate that we all have space for a micro layout in our home - and it needn't be scenically boring or poorly presented. If you have a project you'd like some help with, be it design or build of a layout in any size, do get in touch (contact form here on the blog, or via Facebook) to discuss how I can help you make that dream a reality. Until next time, more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments