For Sale: Prototype Ruston LBu…

When I set out to do a new locomotive kit or project I tend to develop a prototype. Sometimes this is directly for a customer, other times for me and sometimes just as a prototype…


The Ruston LB in 7/8ths has been a successful project and there will be 9 out in the wild when I finish this latest batch. I’ve decided that this is it for this model and won’t offer them again in the future. That means that this 32mm gauge prototype is now available.


Priced to reflect its immediate availability; and the fact that it doesn’t have a radio receiver at just £950 £1100 including insured UK delivery (this years batch retailed at £1330). The model will be supplied with batteries and the required flying leads to connect to a LocoRemote or similar, plenty of space under the bonnet. 

This is the last opportunity to pick up one of these chunky small characterful machines. With a gearhead drive and bevel gears it is smooth and powerful. Transmission, as per the prototype (see the underside view). This model represents the underground variant witn exhaust conditioner but the headlight is plated over. The 32mm gauge means she wears the outboard axle boxes as per the prototype.

If you are interested in giving this model a new home get i. Touch. I can offer some minor customisation within the price, and for a small fee can source and install a new control system.


You can contact me through the menu here, or via Facebook. If you have a different model you’d like me to create for you then get in touch to discuss your requirements and we can look at creating your own dream model. Thank you for looking and until next time more soon…



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments

  1. James, could you sell just the gratings on the sides of the LBU? I assume they are etched? I'd use them on a freelance model I'm planning. Carlo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carlo, I’m not sure I’ve got any left over, let me check tomorrow. Send me an email.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.