Gerald Road: Warehouse resolved...

It has been several months since I shared progress on Gerald Road. This 'larger' shelf cameo depicts the Avonside branch in Bristol in the late 1970s / early 1980s...


I have struggled with the warehouse (white above) across the road from the most recently completed pub (right above). In reality the short angled wall is the long wall, and the bit that is 'cut off' is a short wall. The roof pitch then is parallel to the long wall - and has the castellated parapet on the corner closest to the level crossing - on the layout this wouldn't work. In the end, the answer was simple - move the castellation! It is still present, just in a different place to reflect the roof pitch is now different. I am hoping to spend a bit more time on both these signature structures in the coming week - as I have all but finished commission work now until the new year. Until next time more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments