Mosslanda: Preview, we’re nearly there…

No Friday update this week, yet it's been an incredibly productive week or so and Wrecsam Canolog has been pushed pretty much to the finish line...


This tiny scene is now beginning to come alive with its bland palette and austere surroundings. The only splash of colour from the trains that pace in and out of it's truncated railway, the shopping centre and car park (the endless march of the automobile) siting where once weed strewn rails and an old bus shelter used to welcome blue and grey DMU and later, turquoise Pacer. 

 

Now that weed strewn track has been tidied up, and things feel less run down but somehow just as bleak. The effort has been in getting the palette consistent across the scene - even going as far as choosing muted and 'faded' shades for the colour that does exist on the prototype. The bridge has been brought to life with washes and sympathetic painting. The excitement of nearly being there has meant I've put together a VERY short preview video (below) and I'm looking forward to putting the 'final' video build and photo shoot together in early 2024.


So what is left? How do I bring this otherwise finished canvas to life? What is missing - quite that, life. Litter, cardboard boxes on the platform hinting at the gritty brutal truth that rough sleepers call this place home. Perhaps a road sign? Let us see how the brush traces these familiar contours and the result. 


As I sit and enjoy shuttling the Class 101 in and out of this small urban setting I reflect on something good friend Paul said to me last week - that these creations are not mere 'micro layouts' but something more - I suggested perhaps 'HiFi' micros? What do you think? Until next time, more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments