Mosslanda: 'Captures the blandness'...

The holiday season is good one thing - focused time on my own projects. Blessed with a workshop where everything is to hand I can make quick progress when I can call my time my own...


Last week I shared progress on the new canopy for Wrecsam Canolog - well here we can see the result of a few more hours effort. The thinner styrene arrived for the supporting posts, these are glued to the square section that intersects each 'arm'. The 'florescent tube' light fittings are rectangular section styrene glued to the arms. The lot was primed, and then the lights and posts were picked out in pale grey, along with the end faces of the canopy. The top surface was sprayed a darker grey colour - the result is muted, and fits well with the setting.

 


Tucked under the canopy are a number of electrical cabinets and some seating - the former 3D printed items, the latter etched brass. Finishing touches with enough fidelity in this small scale to fool us to thinking we're looking at OO perhaps? The only issue I have to resolve is the small gap along the bottom of the brick wall just beyond the canopy. Perhaps some detritus and weeds? We'll see what suits. Between the rails you can see some TPWS grids, beyond the canopy is a modern 'now and next' screen. This was from Westhill Wagon Works but I replaced the supporting arm as this felt overly heavy for the scale... what I'm channelling here is the mundane, the modern, the grey grit and grime - but still the passion I have for model railways and trains embues the character of this caricature of a prototype.


Thanks to a modelling friend in the press for today's title - bland indeed. Until next time, more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.


Comments