To Charlottetown...

Parallels. How one model can take on a totally different character (to those who recognise specific locomotives) by swapping the lead actor...


Since I sold my small cameo scene, Kinross, my GE70t hasn't been out of storage but thoughts of her recently led to me setting up this little scene on Beaverbrook. I know it's not prototypical but it feels like shades of Charlottetown where there were  spurs serving small warehouses. I've seen photos in Bram Bailey's CN Atlantic Region book so imagine my delight when fellow enthusiasts in the Prince Edward Island Railway group on Facebook noted the similarities to a Co-op mill (!!) on Exhibition Drive. I'm not sure I see that myself but the way this wonderful hobby can connect us across oceans never ceases to amaze, fascinate and delight me.


This second black and white composition works even better because it's closely cropped. The Modelu crew have such natural poses that it feels like a moment captured in days past. The textures work and the muted shades translate well in monotone. The model, a heavily re-worked Bachmann model is very much of the same hand as the rest of the scene, showing my touch just like the blades of straggly grass alongside the rails. All as one. Inspiration recreated in 1/87 scale.

Until next time, more soon...



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments