Old dogs...

Old dogs and new tricks, connecting the past and the present. Tooling from my childhood to mix with the best of todays current models…

This recent pair of N gauge models don’t share a common layout but do share a common heritage. The Peco 12t van has been around for decades, the Farish Poole era PAA an eighties tooling. Both injected in the UK, the van was part of my Grandpa’s collection adding a deeper connection but otherwise how to utilise older models and keep them relevant? 

The tooling of the Peco body is lovely, incredibly fine, much neater planking than the chasms between planks present on even recent Farish models. A replacement of couplings and filling of the resultant gap in the buffer beam and some finer modern metal wheels - along with a full repaint - create a useful model for the collection. The PAA has seen more work, but retains many of the Poole era traits and I’ve preserved as much of the livery as possible (I’ll share more on its creation another time).

Both go to show that in this case you can teach an old dog new tricks…



Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments