Lochdubh and I...

I have a lot of love for this railway. Yes, a rail way, one without a physical connection to anywhere but a mental pathway to my day dreams...


Every time I switch on the lights I pause. Time and again the effect is to momentarily transport me to a place of calm. This layout isn't built to scale drawings and plans, it is built from my heart. I have paced that imaginary platform, waiting for that journey. 


When I built the cameo it was the late 1980s, 1989 perhaps, and the power was my favourite 37 livery, large logo blue... but with the arrival of the 26 I began to look beyond the fixed time - perhaps this layout is not location agnostic but period agnostic? 

Here, although the Scotrail sign is apparently incongruous (yes, kindly pointed out by someone more knowledgable than I) the Farish 24 I backdated to pre-Tops ticks over with the Friday morning mixed train, parcels and van traffic with the occasional fuel tanker for the harbour at Lochdubh...

Our hobby is a channel for our imagination. The art of model railways doesn't dilute this element of fun, of play, but I maintain that an artful approach is one that really rewards. If you've not got a copy of my second book, then please do consider picking up a copy from all good railway book shops (including www.titfield.co.uk) - coincidentally Lochdubh features on the cover! 

Until next time, more soon…


Donate
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free.

Comments