In print: Sweep in CM…

It is always exciting to see my models in print - especially those that I build for myself. In the November issue of Continental Modeller you will find my ex-Canadian National ‘SWEEP’ build described…


Andrew and the team have done a great job on the layout of the article and it looks wonderful on the page. Plenty of clean space and a sharp feel, CM is one of my preferred reads these days and I have a subscription. Almost as exciting as seeing the SWEEP was spotting that Kohlenbachbrücke Werks will feature in the December issue! Two in a row! Then early in the new year I’ve an article lined up for BRM again and there are several unpublished ones in with the other magazines too…

 

Whilst I try to write these pieces without the hand holding instruction of a typical article they are more tailored to traditional press. You will hear my voice, but I might be speaking a subtlety different dialect! The freedom of my own writing here and in Compendium (second issue about to go to print, if you’ve not reserved one now is the last chance) is refreshing yet I enjoy the form, and the excitement of seeing my work on the printed page in any physical format (sometimes even just from the printer!). 

Tangible, deliberate and an opportunity to slow enough to think, to gently turn the pages and feel the texture of the paper, breathe deeply and catch the smell of the ink, enjoy the look of each model and the layout of words and pictures. To just be for a moment. Our hobby, our passion, our lives made better by magazines (and books - but that’s another subject all together). Until next time, more soon…


Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee.

Comments