Rail-scapes...

This is an experiment! Whilst I don't envisage retiring on the advertising revenue of YouTube anytime soon these latest 'uploads' are not about chasing viewing numbers - in fact I suspect many won't get them at all - but for me, they're calming background noise and so from me, to you, now available as the ambience to your workshop or office (or even headphones)...


Rail-scapes are soundscapes, not of nature but of trains. Nothing jarring nor any surprises - gentle journeys of the everyday. Exhaust, background chat, distant horns and all - perhaps, if you're lucky, a bit of nature... recorded on my iPhone and the only editing is to add text and an image so they work on YouTube as videos...


As I say - these are an experiment. I enjoyed making them, and I enjoy listening to them - in the meantime, I'm even to know if you enjoy them at all - and do you have any ideas on how we could grow the movement? Perhaps we could all begin to upload 'Rail-scapes' from our own experiences?

In future - I'll be adding them to my 'Rail-scapes' playlist. If you do have any to share, let me have the link and I'll add them to the playlist as well! 

Until next time, more soon...




Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee.

Comments

  1. As you say, not everyone will get this...but the idea reminds me of the cassettes you used to be able to buy in the 80s and 90s of various trains at work, though they were mostly from outside rather than on-board the trains...no narration, the track info was on the inlay card.
    I had a listen to the Pacer earlier, very evocative of the times I rode them out from Wigan Wallgate to 009 gatherings at Rainford; door bleepers, flanges squealing and various rattles and lurches!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.