Delightful Diesel Mechanical (and hydraulic) Units…

Yesterday was lovely. I don’t always share the photos I take on the railway (dare I say, my railway?) here in the valley. Today I am making an exception… 

Carrog was a wonderful place to spend an hour, watch trains, enjoy the sunshine and my pack lunch.

Several services featured a trailing load, here it is as the 127 slowly creeps along to buffer up for the return to Llangollen.

127/108 combo waiting at Carrog box for its Up return to Llangollen.

Freshly returned to service 104 trundles in with a service from Corwen. This service met the 127/108, and as that was heading back to Llan, the 104 reversed and returned to Corwen.

108 trailer heading for the long defunct Chester Northgate - actually a station that saw regular service from blue 104s in its final years.

The 104 arrives at Carrog with an up service heading to Llangollen crosses the 109/108 4 car set with a down service to Corwen. 

Glyndyfrdwy by night, the 104 ran an evening hot pot service which paused for an hour at Glyndyfrdwy to refuel the passengers at the bar. Lovely to see the station alive at night.

As I sit with the dog this morning, about to make a coffee and enjoy the cosy blanket and old books it is grey, wet and miserable outside. It is comforting to be in here - such a contrast when yesterday, in these scenes, it was comforting, rewarding, restorative to be outside, in the sunshine, on the railway. Until next time, more soon…


Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee.

Comments

  1. The mixed freight/passenger train is real food for thought James. I regularly ran a regional railways BG as a trailing load with my metcam101 on my previous n gauge layout to accommodate surf boards etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.