Not quite but nearly…

Whisky blues, grain wagons at Muir of Ord perhaps? Not quite but nearly, this scene staged on Paxton Road with an Inverness RETB fitted 37 feels right, but look closer and you’ll see these are the alumina conversions rolling on pedastal suspension… 


The trio were assembled using Coventry Rail Works kits and Peco grain hoppers, as part of the prototyping process for the kits as I helped Will a little with the development of them as a product. I don’t intend to use these on the next Scottish layout, and my stock box is full to overflowing, so whilst I’ve kept one these three are on their way to a new home!




It’s easy to think that N is too small to make something personal, for me though, the fidelity required is part of the challenge and the results feel wonderful, worth the effort, exciting to behold and make me proud to share. Hopefully these little distractions and stories make the world a little better too - at least for those of us who love model railways. Until next time, more soon…

Support my work
I love writing and creating material for the blog. If you enjoy what you read and engage with I would be appreciative of any donation, large or small, to help me keep it advert and restriction free. Alternatively, feel free to buy me a coffee.


Comments